Monday, January 10, 2011

Crazy for Navy

When M. & I got our new couch, we discussed repainting our living room & doing a little redecorating in the apartment.  The color scheme we agreed to involved khaki (because of our couch), pear green, orange & brown.  I bought fabric to put on our pillows so they would match the scheme.

Then, we realized that we were going to move in about 6 - 7 months and decided not to paint.  And, if we're not painting, then there is no reason to re-cover our pillows with material that won't match.  And I am OK with it because I feel in love with a new fabric.





















It's "Pressed Flowers Teal" from Anna Maria Horner's Drawing Room collection.  I found it used on a couple pillows on Etsy (many thanks to Nestables for giving me the info about the fabric & your pillow covers are lovely).

I have a newfound love for navy blue, which has always tripped me up a bit . . . . I mean, what neutral color shoes do you wear with navy if you don't feel like wearing gray?  Because, I don't have many brightly colored shoes & we all know that it's bright colors that work best with navy.  I have recently determined that camel would work fantasically, unfortunately, I do not have camel colored shoes.  So, I stick with gray or brown . . . and I digress.

The bottom line is that if I could re-do my wardrobe right now, I would replace many of my black pieces with navy, because I love navy right now.

So, maybe in my future house, our future living room with utilize navy as a dominant neutral color and possibly our future pillows will be covered in that beautiful fabric and our future accents will pull colors from the design - lovely gold, shades of blue, mustard yellow, gray, white.  So many possibilities!

Till then, I can only dream . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment