Monday, July 5, 2010

Thanks for the Pan! Or Blender! Or Sheets!

One day I was feeling antsy and wanted to do a wedding project.  This is surprising because instead of just thinking about it, I went into action.  I was inspired by a project where the couple used connect the dots.  I really wish I could find the picture to show it to you, but I have no clue where I found it.  I loved how it looked though and I decided that I wanted to make my bridal shower thank you cards that used mason jars and connect the dots.  And somewhere lightning bugs came in and I wanted to have the lightning bug's lit up derrieres as the dot.

After many revisions and practice connecting the dots (I did it at least 10 times until I found the perfect lay-out for the dots), I ended up with this:


















The "K" was tricky, but I like to think that I made it work.

Here's a close-up of my dots!


And on the flip side . . . it's actually a postcard, so I only have the notecard amount of space to write my message.  I am OK with that!  Here's a close-up of one of my little lightning bugs, I have 2 on the side where I write, just to make it look a little more cute!

I was really proud of the finish product.  I am by no means a graphic designer, I have a very basic knowledge of Photoshop and I mainly do my projects in Microsoft Publisher, which is a very basic "design" (would you call it that?) program.  And, I am really proud of myself for starting with a vision and making it appear on paper.  I just hope everyone else appreciate it too.  And that they connect the dots!  I sent the file to my mom to look over & she said it was cute, but never connected the dots, which means she really didn't see IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment